At Advanced Detection Solutions, we take your privacy seriously.
This Privacy Statement for Advanced Detection Solutions Products and Services (“Privacy Statement”) describes information that Advanced Detection Solutions and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “ADS”) collect, use, share, and store, including personal information (i.e., information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or billing information, or other data that can be reasonably used to infer this information).
This document focuses on information related to the operation of ADS products and services, including the Wi-Fi Temperature Monitor, Wi-Fi Temperature and Humidity Monitor, Wi-Fi Temperature, Humidity and Pressure Monitor, and other products from ADS (collectively, “ADS Products”) and affiliated companies. In this Privacy Statement, the expression “ADS Products” also includes our Web Apps, Mobile Apps, and Subscription Services as defined in our Terms of Service.
1. We will be transparent about the different types of information we collect and how we use them.
2. We will ask your permission before sharing your personal information with third parties for purposes other than at your request or to provide ADS’ Products, and to do so only when we think they will provide you with a welcome additional service.
3. We will use best-in-class data security tools to keep your data safe and protect the ADS Products from unauthorized access.
Consent to data collection and processing. By using ADS Products, you agree to allow us to collect and process information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Consent to data export. Your personal information may be collected, processed and stored by ADS or its service providers in the United States and other countries where our servers reside. Please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country. If you are using ADS Products in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, you consent to the transfer of your personal data to the United States and other countries where ADS operates.
What information does the ADS Products collect?
· Setup information you provide
· Environmental data from the ADS products’ sensors
· Direct adjustments to the device, including temperature or settings
· Heating and cooling usage information
· Technical information from the device
Setup information you provide: When you install the Environmental data from the ADS Products’ sensors: We collect your Wi-Fi settings and data from several sensors built into the ADS Products. These sensors collect data such as current temperature, humidity and pressure in the product’s location.
Direct adjustments to the device: If you change settings like temperature precision, submission frequency, the devices will record and retain these changes.
Heating and cooling usage information: Every time your system turns on and off, ADS records the temperature, time and duration during which your system was on in order to offer you features such as usage history and temperature graphs.
Technical information from the device: In order to improve your experience over time and help troubleshoot any problem you may encounter with the ADS Products, we record your ADS Product model and serial number, software version, and technical information such as battery charge level.
How does my ADS Product or account interact with third parties?
· Is information shared with or received from third parties, outside of the workings of the ADS program? ADS may share information with third parties with your permission. For example, when you enroll in a rewards program for ADS Products offered by our partners you may be asked for your permission to share certain data between ADS and our partner. ADS requires your explicit consent before sharing information in these circumstances. We may also receive information from our partners and other sources and combine that with the information in your ADS account. For example, in order to offer rewards programs, we might receive information (such as which of our partners offers services where you live) to determine eligibility and efficacy of our programs.
Additional information about the limited circumstances in which information from your ADS account may be shared with third parties is described below in the section titled “In what circumstances does ADS share my information?”.
Any data that ADS receives from third-parties will be processed and stored by ADS and will be treated in accordance with this Privacy Statement. This information may be processed in the same ways as any other data that is a part of your ADS account or the ADS logs.
What additional information does ADS collect and store when a user connects a ADS Product to the Internet or creates an account?
Wi-Fi Network Information: To connect your ADS Product to our Services, or to access your ADS Product over the Internet from a computer, a smartphone or a tablet, you will need to connect it to your Wi-Fi network. During setup, the ADS Product will ask for your Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password to connect to the Internet. It will save this information on the device, along with your IP address, so that you can access it and control it from your computer, smartphone or tablet, and so that it can communicate with ADS servers and download software updates.
Once connected to your Wi-Fi network, your ADS Product regularly sends the data described in this Privacy Statement (excluding your Wi-Fi password) to ADS to provide you with the Services.
Additional Authorized Users: ADS may provide you with the ability to enable additional authorized users to access your account. If you do so, the additional authorized users may control and view all of your devices, content, and Works with ADS connections. Invited users may also add additional authorized users to your account, so be careful to add only those you trust. An invited user must have or create a ADS account, and information about invited users (like email address, name, or changes to product settings) will be stored with your account.
Email Addresses: When you create a ADS account, we collect and store your email address. From that point forward, your email address is used for communications from ADS. In addition, ADS may provide you with the ability to enable individuals to access your account as additional authorized users. We will ask you for the email address of any such individuals and automatically send an email invitation on your behalf. ADS stores this information to send this email, to register your friend if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation services.
Basic Profile Information: Your account allows you to provide certain basic profile information like your name and profile photo. Names and profile photos may be shown to others in connection with the Services. For example, if you invite someone as an additional authorized user, he or she will be able to see your name and photo. You should only use photos you are willing to make public.
How does ADS use the information it collects?
We use this information to provide, develop and improve ADS Products and services, including to make assessments and recommendations about products, safety, or energy use. We may use your contact details to send you this information, or to ask you to participate in surveys about your ADS use, and to send you other communications from ADS.
We may also use this information in an aggregated, non-identified form for research purposes and to help us make sales, marketing, and business decisions. For example, we use aggregated user information about the number of active temperature monitor users in a particular state to help us decide what energy companies might be good partners.
We may use service providers to perform some of these functions. Those service providers are restricted from sharing your information for any other purpose.
We use industry-standard methods to keep this information safe and secure while it is transmitted over your home network and through the Internet to our servers. Depending on your location and type of data, ADS may process your personal information on servers that are not in your home country.
In what circumstances does ADS share my information?
Under no circumstance do we share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the activation and delivery of ADS Products and services without asking you first. Period. We do not rent or sell our customer lists.
The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
· With your explicit consent: We may share personal information when we have your consent. One example of this would be if you invite another user to access the Products on your account as an additional authorized user. Another example is if you sign up for programs offered by our partners; if you do this, we may share certain information with the partner. This could include things like your enrollment information and the activation status of your device. Similarly, when you connect third-party devices and services to your ADS Products through the Works with ADS program, you are shown information about any proposed exchange of data. Your explicit consent is required to allow these exchanges on your behalf and you can change your mind at any time.
· For external processing: We have vendors, service providers, and technicians who help with some of our processing and storage, including helping to answer your questions. They may also assist with monitoring our servers for technical problems.
These technicians (as well as ADS employees) can access certain information about you or your account in line with this work but these technicians are not allowed to use this data for non-ADS purposes. We also have strict policies and technical barriers in place to prevent unauthorized employee access to passwords.
· As part of business transitions: Upon the sale or transfer of the company and/or all or part of its assets, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred. We will request a purchaser to treat our data under the privacy statement in place at the time of its collection.
· For legal reasons: We may provide information to a third party if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so for legal reasons. For example, to respond to legal process, or comply with state and federal laws (or the applicable laws of foreign countries other than the United States).
We may share non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized customer data) publicly and with our partners. For example, we may publish trends about energy use or failure rates of different brands of freezers or coolers. This information may also be shared with other users to help them better understand their energy usage compared to others in the ADS community, raise awareness about safety issues, or help us generally improve our system. We may also share non-personal information with our partners, for example, if they are interested in providing demand-response services or other incentive programs. We take steps to keep this non-personal information from being associated with you and we require our partners to do the same.
If you select an outside party for the purchase, installation, or service of your ADS device and share your personal information, we cannot control the collection, storage or sharing of information collected by that party. For example, if you buy an ADS Temperature monitor from a retailer, the retailer may collect personal information as part of the transaction. Or the party that installed the device may retain information that you provided to them to assist them in servicing the device if needed. Always check the privacy policies for any company that collects your personal information.
How long does ADS save my personal information and how can I delete it?
ADS generally stores your personal information on ADS’ servers until you delete or edit it, or for as long as you remain a ADS customer in order to provide you with ADS Products.
As described above, some information is processed and stored directly on the ADS device. All personal information is encrypted as it is transmitted to ADS and cannot easily be accessed.
You can delete the information on the ADS device by resetting it to the defaults (using Reset in the Settings menu).
You can access, amend or delete your personal information from ADS’ servers through the controls in your account. Because of the way we maintain certain Services, after your information is deleted, backup copies may linger for some time before they are deleted, and we may retain certain data for a longer period of time if we are required to do so for legal reasons.
Please note that this Privacy Statement may change from time to time. We will provide notice of any changes on the website or by contacting you.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org